The incumbent serves as a licensed financial advisor of LPL Financial which is the broker-dealer affiliated with FB&T Financial Services. The Financial Advisor is expected to Work with and advise clients on how to meet both short and long term financial
goals by learning about the client's financial situation and building strong client relationships. Through a solid understanding of financial documentation, financial laws, investments, estate planning, tax planning and employee benefit plans and insurance,
build and implement financial plans, budgets and other tools to meet the client's objectives.
1. Generate new business through networking, community contacts, and centers of influence, bank referrals, and other sources of qualified prospects. This duty is performed daily.
2. Qualify and screen prospects to determine suitability for asset management, insurance products and financial planning services. This duty is performed daily.
3. Make compelling presentations to prospects. This duty is performed as needed.
4. Provide essential services to existing clients to build loyalty and therefore retention. This duty is performed as needed.
5. Cross-sell other LPL-approved products and Farmers Bank and Trust lending and bank products to clients and prospects as appropriate. This duty is performed as needed.
6. Maintain knowledge of industry and regulations. This duty is performed daily.
7. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of LPL compliance requirements, and comply. This duty is performed daily.
8. Analyze and classify risks and investments to determine their suitability for client portfolios. This duty is performed as needed.
9. Analyze client's financial status, develops financial plans based on analysis of data, and discusses financial options with client. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Actively manage client investment accounts. This duty is performed daily.
11. Review client accounts regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes, environmental concerns, or financial performance indicate a need for reassessment. This duty is performed weekly.
12. Actively participates in community programs/ events to promote customer and community awareness of the bank. Contacts customers and business, community, and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business. This duty is performed as needed.
13. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Must deliver Farmers Bank Advantage Customer service to all customers, internal and external. Must have well developed business development skills. Must stay abreast of market conditions, economic conditions, FINRA compliance regulations, and be well
versed in investment philosophy.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@MyFarmers.bank and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.