Examines, evaluates, authorizes or recommend approval of customer applications for commercial loans. Engages in community and civic activities to identify potential commercial loan business. Engages in business development to increase number of profitable
commercial loans. The Commercial Loan Officer I is expected to maintain a portfolio of $15MM - $25MM.
1. Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for commercial loans; follows up with prospects to obtain new loans for the bank. This duty is performed daily.
2. Interviews loan applicants and requests specified information for loan applications. This duty is performed daily.
3. Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan evaluation. This duty is performed daily.
4. Performs profitability analysis and pricing of each potential loan in coordination with the bank's goals. This duty is performed daily.
5. Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation. This duty is performed daily.
6. Corresponds with or interviews applicants to creditors to resolve questions regarding application information. This duty is performed daily.
7. Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms. This duty is performed daily.
8. Approves loan within specified limits or presents loan to loan committee for approval. This duty is performed daily.
9. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate, according to policy. This duty is performed daily.
10. Assures timely loan closing and funding activities. This duty is performed daily.
11. Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures. This duty is performed as needed.
12. Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate for customer requirements. This duty is performed as needed.
13. Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotions. This duty is performed as needed.
14. Provides proper follow-up to all commercial loan customers, including maintaining the credit quality of the portfolio and taking all opportunities for greater loan production. This duty is performed daily.
15. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank's BSA/CIP Program, CRA and Credit Analysis training. This duty is performed weekly.
16. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be flexible, able to prioritize, and willing to work with others on the Farmers Bank team to present a positive Bank image to all of the communities we serve. Must have exceptional verbal communication skills. Must be an excellent networker and
brand ambassador, able to represent Farmers Bank well at all times. Must show communication skills, knowledge of the lending process, and knowledge of bank policies and procedures. Must be able to deliver the highest level of Farmers Advantage customer service.
Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record as defined by Farmers Bank policy.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@MyFarmers.bank and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.