This position is responsible for providing customer service in a contact center environment including providing information regarding accounts, products and services, resolving customer issues, providing operational support, acting as switchboard operator,
and providing services as Interactive Teller Machine teller.
1. Provides product support for customer inquiries received via the telephone, internet, instant message, email, fax or self-service systems. Answers high volume of inbound calls and maintains a response rate in accordance with established standards. This
duty is performed daily.
2. Assesses nature of question or issue and resolves in a timely manner. Questions and issues vary depending on the product supported. Provides solutions and/or alternatives. This duty is performed daily.
3. Performs maintenance for existing accounts. Assists customers in validating accuracy of account data. This duty is performed daily.
4. Assures information security by verifying customer identity prior to giving information, performing any modifications or resets, per the bank's policies and procedures regarding customer privacy and security. This duty is performed daily.
5. Thoroughly documents issues and resolutions, per bank standards in contact center database. This duty is performed daily.
6. Communicates the customer's needs/expectations to the appropriate personnel. Follows escalation procedures to ensure complex support issues are resolved. This duty is performed daily.
7. Seizes opportunities to up-sell new or additional products or services that meet customers' needs, and makes appropriate referrals to other bank areas. This duty is performed daily.
8. Builds sustainable relationships and engages customers by going above and beyond. Meets personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets in accordance with established standards. This duty is performed daily.
9. Files data and performs routine assigned clerical duties in response to internal and external customer inquiries/requests. This duty is performed daily.
10. Performs reception tasks in an effective, professional and gracious manner while adhering to assigned security protocol. This duty is performed as needed.
11. Answers incoming calls utilizing switchboard console; greets callers, provides information, transfers calls and/or takes messages as necessary. This duty is performed daily.
12. Processes teller transactions using an Interactive Teller Machine (ITM) within bank policies and procedures in a professional, courteous, efficient, prompt manner. Follows regulatory procedures regarding Funds Availability Holds and BSA CTRs. This duty
is performed daily.
13. Multitasks by working with multiple software programs concurrently to complete an ITM transaction, while communicating with a customer. This duty is performed daily.
14. Performs ITM end of day balancing per procedures. Adheres to security, audit, and compliance requirements in accordance with bank policies and procedures. This duty is performed daily.
15. Demonstrates consistent ITM script usage, while maintaining excellent customer service standards. This duty is performed daily.
16. Clearly communicates the proper use of the ITM, handling customer's objections and anxiety to new technology. Promotes benefits of the technology and ensures a positive experience. This duty is performed daily.
17. Troubleshoots routine issues for transactions, as well as the ITM machine and TellerPrompter for uninterrupted service. Follows procedures related to notifications and escalations. This duty is performed as needed.
18. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or
training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must provide Farmers Advantage Customer Service to all customers, both internal and external. Must communicate effectively, have good organizational habits, and be detail-oriented. Must be
able to problem-solve to provide outstanding customer service. Must remain calm, be polite and be tactful to internal and external customers at all times. Strongly prefer (but not required): retail banking experience included in the one year of required work
experience, bachelor's degree (or working toward), and/or bilingual ability.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@MyFarmers.bank and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.