Position is located in Magnolia, AR, Texarkana, TX and Hope, AR. Commute will be required based on job needs.
The Assistant Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting with the development and updating of the Bank's compliance program to ensure that all departments and branches comply with laws and regulations as related to consumer and commercial lending.
1. Stay abreast of pertinent laws and regulations related to lending compliance to ensure the Bank complies with these. This will be done by reading banking newsletters and periodicals, and attending schools, seminars and other training methods. This
duty is performed as needed.
2. Work with management to establish and/or update guidelines for policies and procedures that comply with new and revised regulations. This duty is performed as needed.
3. Review consumer and commercial lending related forms and procedures for compliance with regulations. This duty is performed as needed.
4. Assist Compliance Officer with updating board-approved compliance policies, maintaining an on-line compliance resource, and developing and conducting training on compliance topics. This duty is performed quarterly.
5. Serve as a resource and provide guidance and support to Bank employees on regulatory compliance issues. This duty is performed daily.
6. Assist in investigations and monitoring the resolution of consumer issues and complaints. This duty is performed as needed.
7. Assist with gathering information on consumer and commercial loans as needed for HMDA, CRA, and Fair Lending reviews, compliance examinations and audits. This duty is performed as needed.
8. Perform scheduled and periodic compliance reviews of activities, departments and branches for the purpose of evaluating adherence to current state and federal regulations for deposit operations and lending compliance. This would include reviewing commercial
and consumer loans originated and serviced by the Bank, evaluating loan portfolio documentation, determining effectiveness of internal controls, reviewing consumer and commercial denials to ensure all applicable regulatory requirements are met, preparing written
reports and reporting the findings to affected employees, Compliance Officer, senior management, and appropriate committees. This duty is performed daily.
9. Assist with analyzing Bank performance based on information from the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Loan Application Register. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able
to work effectively with others at all levels across the Bank. Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy. Must be knowledgeable of Fair Lending, SAFE Act, CRA, and other bank compliance related laws and regulations. Must
has compliance certification or working toward certification. Must consistently deliver Farmers Bank Advantage Customer Service to all customers, both internal and external.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@MyFarmers.bank and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.