The Loan Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to loan officers and customers. This postion is accountable for preparation and review of all loan documentation for new and renewed consumer and commercial loans in a timely and efficient manner.
1. Provide administrative support for Loan Officers, including answering and returning phone calls, scheduling meetings and conferences, faxing documents, making copies, filing, etc. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
2. Load pre-qualification applications. Take loan applications and compile any missing data on same, i.e., log number, address, plan type, incentive, and delivery time. When working with home loans, work closely with lender or Sr. Loan Assistant to ensure correct documentation. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
3. Assist with loan origination, including gathering and reviewing credit documentation to ensure the loan file is prepared for processing and ordering any third party items, such as credit reports, appraisals, flood certifications, title insurance, etc., as required. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
4. Track technical exceptions, financial statements, insurance, etc., necessary to close a loan. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Ensure all loan documents meet current compliance and policy requirements before forwarding necessary documents for filing in credit and/or collateral files. Prepare and maintain loan files from application to closing in a timely manner. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. Follow up with clients at all times, keeping them informed of the loan process. Follow-up on outstanding loan documentation/verification. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Prepare daily and weekly reports, including past due reports and matured loan reports. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. At the direction of the lender, prepare extensions on maturing loans. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
9. Provide assistance to customers concerning inquiries, problems and complaints. Work with the lender to resolve issues with current loans. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Check overdrafts and make sure the lender is aware of them. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
11. Transfer loan payments. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must maintain confidentiality of customer and bank information at all times. Makes referrals to other departments such as new accounts, treasury management, mortgage, trust and financial services. Ensures compliance with all internal controls, established bank policies and procedures, and all banking laws and regulations. Will have opportunity to represent the bank at community events and in civic organizations. Must have excellent customer service skills consistent with Farmers Advantage Customer Service standards, good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@MyFarmers.bank and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.