Tellers are the face of the Bank. They are responsible for processing transactions while providing excellent customer service and building relationships with customers.
1. Accept cash and check transactions for deposits, check cashing, loan payments, money orders/cashier's checks, and cash advances. Assist customers with running coin through coin counters and exchanging for credit. This duty is performed daily.
2. Examine checks for proper endorsements; verify legality of documents; identify customers and ensure proper account authority for persons completing transactions. This duty is performed daily.
3. Record all transactions promptly, accurately, and in compliance with Bank procedures. This duty is performed daily.
4. Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers; assist with ATM balance as applicable. This duty is performed daily.
5. Take service requests for address changes, debit cards, online banking, issuing temporary checks, and check ordering. This duty is performed daily.
6. Resolve customer issues and transaction discrepancies. This duty is performed daily.
7. Answer inquiries regarding interest rates, accounts, and products and services. This duty is performed daily.
8. Build relationships with customers and non-customers and offer products and services best suited for their needs. This duty is performed daily.
9. Make appropriate referrals to other departments such as new accounts, treasury management, lending, mortgage, trust, and financial services. This duty is performed daily.
10. Participate in activities for generating new business and/or saving on operational costs including calling customers and attending/working special events. This duty is performed daily.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 7 to 11 months related experience and/or training,
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must provide excellent customer service consistent with Farmers Advantage standards to all customers - internal and external. Must maintain confidentiality of customer and bank information at all times. Must comply with all internal controls and established
bank policies and procedures at all times. Must have a working knowledge of all bank products and services in order to ensure that customer needs are consistently met. Will have the opportunity to represent the Bank at community events and in civic organizations.
Minimum of 6 months of customer service and/or cash handling experience required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodation@MyFarmers.bank and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.